Dublin, Oct. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Automotive Control Panel – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Automotive Control Panel Market to Reach $106.4 Billion by 2026
The global automotive control panel market, estimated to be worth US$80 billion in 2022, is expected to reach a revised size of US$106.4 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% over the analysis period.
Electric Window, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6%, while the rotary switch segment growth is readjusted at a revised CAGR of 5%. Automotive control panels or dashboards continue to be an integral part of vehicles and represent a set of panels in the center console of the automobile.
Usually located in front of a driver, the control panel is intended to display controls and instrumentation for driving the vehicle. The automotive control panel has a number of gauges that work together and display desirable information to ensure seamless operations and increased safety.
Some of the typical components of a control panel include the speedometer, odometer, tachometer, gear display, fuel gauge, turn signal, and active system lights. While the speedometer displays vehicle speed in specific units, the odometer shows the total distance a vehicle has traveled over its lifetime.
The tachometer displays the number of rotations per minute of the motor. Drivers look to the fuel gauge for information on the fuel remaining in the tank, while turn signals flash to indicate a turn or hazard. Additionally, active system lights notify users of which parts are activated, including an open door or trunk.
Car manufacturers are now exploring different formats, sizes and configurations associated with these control panels. The Tesla has an advanced iPad-like infotainment unit in the center console as well as a digital display unit behind the steering wheel. Some of the major automakers are paying more attention to various combinations of head-up displays and physical screens to make their dashboards more informative.
Upcoming car models are expected to be integrated with multiple screens on dashboards. The 2020 Tesla Motors Model S comes with a futuristic digital dashboard with an LED display meant to provide users with different types of data. The multi-function display includes an odometer, speedometer, battery life and fuel efficiency rating.
The digital control panel displays a 2D map along with live animation and navigation instructions. Some of the digital dashboards built into the latest car models are meant to provide vehicle statistics with convenience and safety. Further advances in this direction are planned to equip future car models with digital control panels that score high in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
Digital instrument panels with LCD screens feature a touch screen and provide various parameters such as engine rpm, vehicle speed, engine temperature and oil pressure, as well as battery charge, fuel remaining and real-time feedback. LCD screens are an impressive addition to digital control panels and display different types of information through dedicated software.
The growing appeal of the digital control panel can be attributed to its ability to provide accurate information compared to analog options while providing automakers with a compelling space-saving solution. The small LCD or LED arrangement is capable of presenting data in decimal format and scrolling through different sets of data with the press of a single button.
The ability of digital control panels to do a job faster and better is prompting an increasing number of automakers to move away from analog versions that consume valuable space with different gauges. A single digital display can provide drivers with information on various parameters such as tire pressure, air-fuel ratio, oil pressure, fuel/air pressure, turbo and water temperature. The idea of digital car dashboards is also gaining momentum with the availability of sophisticated display technologies including LCD screens and high resolution displays.
These screens went through notable changes and evolution before giving way to fully customizable digital control panels. The latest versions of these dashboards allow users to get desired information on the screen, including blind spot camera view, connected phone information, and navigation assistance. Personalization played a significant role in reducing driver distraction, which improved safety.
These panels are increasingly used by automakers because they allow manufacturers to consider the same hardware in different models while ensuring the desired level of differentiation. Head-up displays used in cars augment analog gauges with a digital readout on the windshield. Digital control panels benefit from the availability of software-driven panels that transmit information to the display panel. These digital control panels present information in the form of text messages, numeric parameters, and graphical gauges.
Unlike traditional electromechanical panels, these highly interactive displays feature increased flexibility and versatility. In recent years, an increasing number of car models have been introduced with next-generation LDC screen panels. Some of these models rely heavily on digital speedometers as the analog versions are unable to keep up with rpm changes. Digital car dashboards are poised to retain their growing relevance and become an indispensable part of new car models.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of main competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-peer collaborative online interactive updates
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for one year
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- The rapid evolution of the electronic and electrified future of mobility reinforces the importance of HMI, laying the foundation for the growth of automotive control panels
- The increasing electrification of vehicles expands the opportunity to develop more innovative control panel designs
- The importance of dynamic and innovative control panels and components is growing alongside the importance of electronics in cars
- Supply chains are tightening once again, preparing for the growing economic storm caused by the Russian-Ukrainian war
- The military and defense industry appears to be the sole beneficiary of the war
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for 81 players globally in 2022 (E)
- Automotive Control Panel: Definition and Importance
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 81 featured)
- ACTIA GROUP
- Alps Alpine Co., Ltd.
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation (Marelli)
- Carling Technologies, Inc.
- Continental SA
- EAO SA
- Eaton Company
- Eissmann Automotive Deutschland GmbH
- Faurecia S.A.
- Hyundai Mobis Co., Ltd.
- Johnson Electric
- JP Minda Group (JPM)
- Judco Manufacturing, Inc.
- Automotive electrical systems KOSTAL
- Lear Company
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- LS Automotive Technologies
- Preh GmbH
- Rees, Inc.
- Toyodenso Co., Ltd.
- Valeo SA (France).
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- With the market fortunes tied to the automotive industry, it pays to understand where the automotive industry is heading in 2022 and beyond
- Summary of the impact of COVID-19 on the automotive industry in 2020
- Several Disadvantages Marr Outlook for 2022
- Semiconductor chip shortages and their induced production issues add to market jitters
- As auto production recovery slips off initial forecast, hit by chip shortage concerns, uncertainty tears supply chain
- Russian-Ukrainian war puts auto industry on edge
- Smart cars with comfort and convenience features expand the addressable market opportunity for control panels
- Feature-rich smart cars are driving the need for easy-to-use and safe control panels and special function switches
- Digital dashboards/control panels are becoming the mainstay of modern cars
- Digital gauges are gaining popularity over analog gauges
- OEMs focus on the design of the dashboard/control panel layout of the car. here’s why
- Despite their appeal and high level of acceptance among consumers, digital dashboards come under the scanner for security concerns
- Voice control and voice recognition embedded in the spotlight, supported by the security concerns of conventional visual controls
- The era of hands-free control is near: worldwide sales of passenger cars with digital voice assistance
- Automatic climate controls push back manual controls to step into the spotlight
- Luxury car makers are leveraging advanced control panel technologies as a brand differentiation strategy
- The growing demand for automatic transmission drives the popularity of push-button shifting as a clean and futuristic control design
- Increased integration of motorized features on mid-size and economy-segment small cars expands addressable market opportunity for innovative control panels
- Higher Per Capita Electronic Load of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles to Amplify Market Growth
- Automotive control panel components are finding “advantageous” ground in the growing electric vehicle (EV) market
- Increase in motorized controls creates demand for control panels operated by switches and touch pad
- High demand for infotainment systems coupled with security concerns is driving demand for control consoles with digital screens complemented by a physical keyboard
- Safety concerns associated with touchscreen infotainment systems drive demand for keypad infotainment consoles
- Flattening touchscreen shipments reflect growing competition from other, more secure control technologies: Global automotive touchscreen shipments leveled
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5gl5eb