- Knowing how to find Control Panel in Windows 10 gives you access to most of the tools you’ll use to customize or adjust your computer.
- You will need to use Control Panel to change graphics settings, hardware settings, user account features, etc. from your Windows computer.
- You can find the Control Panel in several ways or go to your Settings app for other features.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
In previous editions of Windows, you could easily find the Control Panel menu, through the Start menu, or through File Explorer. Windows 10, however, no longer displays it in those places, which can leave you a little confused as to how to find it.
Fortunately, it’s just a matter of where it’s been moved and what keys to press.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 (from $ 139.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (from $ 299.99 at Best Buy)
How to find Control Panel in Windows 10
Tap the Windows logo on your keyboard or click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen to open the Start menu. There, search for “Control Panel“. Once it shows up in the search results, just click on its icon.
Alternatively, in some versions of Windows 10, you can right-click the Windows icon at the bottom left of the screen to display the Quick Access menu. It is listed in this menu under Task Manager.
- From the Quick Access menu, you can also click “Run” (or press Windows key + R) to open the Run menu. There, type in “Control Panel” and click “OK”, and it should open.
In newer versions of Windows 10, many of the functions of Task Manager have been replaced by the Settings app.
- You can find the Settings app by selecting it from the Quick Access menu if it appears, or by pressing Windows + I on your keyboard.