Benefiting from new throttle and speed controls as well as several other design and cabin improvements, Doosan’s new DX140LC-5 and DX140LCR-5 (short tail tail) models replace the company’s âdash-3â models.
These two new 14-ton excavators feature selectable Smart Power Control (SPC). SPC saves fuel by tailoring performance to the severity of the application at hand. The function reduces engine speed at light workloads while reducing hydraulic pump torque and engine response to heavier tasks.
Doosan has also added an automatic engine shutdown to the machines which can be configured from three to 60 minutes.
Inside the cab, operators will find a new windshield design with improved visibility as well as a 7-inch color display that gives a side-by-side view of critical machine data and behind the machine. the machine via the reversing camera. When the optional side camera is added to machines, rear and side view angles can be viewed simultaneously.
Diesel Exhaust Fuel (DEF) levels and fuel efficiency tips can also be viewed from the new monitor.
The following improvements are also new for the DX140 machines:
- Improved non-slip plates: for easier access to the motor for machine maintenance
- Emergency engine stop: moved for easy operator access
- Improved serviceability: allows easier access to components and less time for maintenance
- Improved Alternator: Provides improved power for electrical components
The following options are available factory installed:
- Straight line travel pedal, which makes it easier for the operator to travel in a straight line
- Bi-directional auxiliary hydraulic pedal (in addition to joystick control)
- Cab protection for special applications
- Additional work lights
- Turn the hydraulic piping of the circuit
- Diesel coolant heater for cold starts (not available on DX140LCR-5)
- Intelligent floating boom (not available on DX140LCR-5)