The 184 hp DX255LC-5 crawler excavator has been added to the Tier 4 compliant lineup, delivering improved performance, operator-focused comfort, fuel economy and durability on the jobsite. The Tier 4 compliant model replaces the Tier 4 Interim DX255LC-3.
A new selectable feature, Smart Power Control (SPC), consists of two systems that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. Variable speed control reduces engine speed during low workload demands, such as during the oscillating portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to complete a task and improves energy efficiency by up to 3% to 7%. Pump torque control effectively matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excessive fuel consumption.
- 57,752 lbs. curb weight with a 22-ft. 4-inch maximum digging depth and 39,463-lbf. bucket digging force
- Four power modes and four working modes
- 7 inch improved. LCD screen allows operators to continue to monitor excavator settings while viewing the rear view and / or side view camera image (optional side camera)
- Features include automatic shutdown, improved anti-slip plates, automatic belt tensioner, fan and air conditioning, emergency engine shutdown and upgraded alternator
- Factory installed options include a smart floating boom, straight travel pedal, two-way auxiliary hydraulic pedal, diesel engine coolant heater and more