The PK52 push button is now also available with a plastic bezel
- New bezel offers more variety and is more resistant to graffiti remover
The push button series PK52 impresses in the door area of buses and trains with its very good lateral recognition of the LED status display and its haptic button feedback. An optional acoustic orientation signal makes it easier for passengers to find the push button. On the PK52, the mounting screws are concealed by a bezel. Until now, TSL-ESCHA offered this bezel exclusively with powder coated stainless steel. To meet changing requirements, a bezel made of high-quality plastic material has been designed. This means that the operator can choose from a wider variety and, if desired, also replace the stainless steel bezel of the PK52 push button (from year of manufacture 2016) with one made of engineering plastic.
The PK52 has a high-quality appearance with the plastic bezel (here in black, RAL 9004).
The new PK52 bezel is made of a modern material that convinces with its high level of precision and precise fit. The front panel is easy to mount. There is a noticeable click when attaching. The plastic front panel is not intended for multiple use but is a wear and spare part that can be easily replaced. Delivery times can be short thanks to the wide availability of spare parts.
The plastic cover is currently available in eight popular colours: traffic yellow (RAL 1023), traffic red (RAL 3020), traffic blue (RAL 5017), traffic green (RAL 6024), midnight blue (RAL 5022), light gray ( RAL 7035), traffic white (RAL9016) and signal black (RAL 9004).
The high-quality plastic of the new front panel complies with the EN 45545-2 fire protection standard. Due to the characteristics of the material, the bezel is more resistant to graffiti removers and also more robust against cleaning chemicals. The new plastic bezel has passed shock and vibration tests. Compared to the stainless steel front panel, the plastic bezel offers a weight saving of 24 grams.
Highlights of the new plastic bezel
- Available in 8 standard colors
- High quality appearance
- Easy to mount
- High resistance to cleaning chemicals and graffiti removers
- Weight reduction compared to stainless steel bezel
The plastic bezel is available in traffic yellow, signal black, traffic green, traffic white, midnight blue, traffic red, light gray and traffic blue (from left to right).
Technical characteristics of the PK52 push button series
- Rated voltage: 12 … 110 VDC, depending on version
- Rated current: 50 mA @ 24 VDC, 110 mA @ 24 VDC with sound
- Switching current: max. 200 mA, depending on version
- Switching function: Normally open (NO), PNP or NPN, potential-free variant available
- Switching cycles: > 7 Mio.
- Operating temperature: -40 … +80 °C
- Degree of protection: IP67
- Impact resistance: IK06
- Bezel: plastic or stainless steel
- Standards: STI-PRM, EN 14752, EN 50155, EN 45545-2, EN 61373, EN 16584-2
PK52 door opener pushbuttons are popular in trams, city and regional trains as well as in metros and buses.
This article was originally published by TSL-ESCHA GmbH.