Job title: Control panel wiring/fitter
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
Type of employment: Full time
About Star M&E Solutions
Part of the Star Refrigeration Group, which is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design through to commissioning and maintenance, backed by a structure branches nationwide. The company is made up of six business units and currently has approximately 400 employees across the group. We are a Investors in people Platinum Accredited Employer and recognize the important role our employees play in our success, which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide them with development opportunities to ensure rewarding and fulfilling careers.
We are looking for an experienced Control Panel Installer/Wirer to join our qualified team within the Control Panel Department. By working as part of the team, you will ensure that our reputation for high quality is maintained. The function revolves around the core business of Industrial Refrigeration, on projects of varying size.
Reporting to the line manager, the successful candidate will work alongside our experienced team in the workshop environment and occasionally onsite at various clients.
- Installation and wiring of various types of control panels in our workshop, according to the wiring diagrams provided
- Occasionally travel to sites to perform minor electrical installations, panel modifications and troubleshooting
- Experience installing and wiring motor control equipment
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to read and understand the control panel schematic
- Able to electrically test power and panel controls upon completion (advantageous)
- Minimum 2 years of past time experience
- Industrial experience
- Full UK driving license
An excellent compensation package is available including:
- Annual leave: 33 days including public holidays
- Pension: 4% non-contributory pension with the possibility of paying additional voluntary contributions
- BUPA private medical insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent health insurance: generous long-term health cover equal to 50% of salary with continued company pension contributions
- Life insurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 phone line offering hands-on support and access to counselors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: possibility of becoming a shareholder of the company through a pre-tax savings plan
If you would like the opportunity to join and grow within a growing team, please send your CV and cover letter, we would love to hear from you.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of each application.
Please click on the TO APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role.
Applicants with the relevant experience or job titles of; control panel engineer, electrician, technician, field service engineer, service engineer, general purpose engineer, mechanical engineer, maintenance engineer, mobile technician, troubleshooting engineer, maintenance technician, mobile engineer, consulting engineer, junior engineer , refrigeration engineer, inspection engineer, industrial refrigeration engineer.